Monday, March 11, 2013

Trying my hand at the Knook

Crochet has been my craft of late. I tend to run in spurts. My grandmother started me off with stamped cross stitch hand embroidery. High school and my mother encouraged garment and home decor sewing. Then I went on to plastic canvas, rug hooking, knitting and crochet. I was introduced to loom knitting a couple of years ago. This Christmas I picked up the Knook by Leisure Arts.


This technique is promoted as knitting with a crocket hook.  The tool is a crochet hook with a life line on the opposite end from the hook.  The line cord actually is a substitute for the second needle.  I did a small swatch of the knit and purl stitches.  Leaning more towards crochet, I found it fairly awkward and wonder if it wouldn't be faster to use regular needles.  The upside is it so much easier to pick up a dropped stitch since this life line stays in place until you are finished with the row.



Then I tried it with a specialty ruffle yarn.  Much easier than my previous methods and faster.  Now that I have the hang of it, we'll see what great creation will appear off this hook?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They will appear once moderation is complete.