Sunday, June 2, 2013

Loom Knitting for all Ages

In the last couple of years I have discovered loom knitting. I have always preferred crochet and it's versatility. Yet there is something special about the fabric created with the looms. Many varieties of gauges and sizes are available. Being the tool collector that I am, of course I have had to purchase several sets. Provo Craft's Knifty Knitter round looms was my first set. I whipped up a hat the first evening.   Blankets, afghans, shawls, bags, mittens, stuffed animals, nearly any thing you can knit, can be made on these looms. Best of all, you don't need the coordination required of using the knitting needles. Children to adults with arthritis have enjoyed making their very own projects.

Hat and Scarf Set
With so many patterns and tutorials available, loom knitting could be your next relaxation hobby. Check out Kristen at Good Knit Kissses.  You will see how easy this craft is to pick up.  It won't take you long to start designing your own loom knit craft.

I would love to see your creations.  You can comment below with your link, or join me on Facebook at JC's Sewing Room.

1 comment:

  1. Janice,your work is beautiful. I love my scarf.
    Keep up the good work. It looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear once moderation is complete.