Saturday, April 20, 2013

Broomstick Lace

I love trying new stitches and techniques.  New for me, at least.  This week I tried the broomstick lace stitch.  The Broomstick Lace Technique uses an object to form the loops such as a broomstick, large knitting needle, pvc pipe, or whatever you find in the desired diameter.


It was a bit awkward at first.  I needed to hold a size US 35/19 mm knitting needle along with the project, while using a crochet hook.  While some people hold the needle, others brace it between their knees.   Once I found that I could brace the knitting needle between the cushioned arm of the couch and my rib cage, (not as uncomfortable as it sounds), off I went making row after row.  What do think of the result?

Broomstick Lace Scarf
There are so many videos and free patterns out there to choose from to learn this technique.  Try your hand and show me your results.  I'd love to see your creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They will appear once moderation is complete.